Otevírací doba

Otevřeno - od 30. 8. 2019 restaurace pouze pro ubytované hosty

We are open - since 30th August restaurant just for the accomodated guests

chato's land review

176 customer ratings. Sign up here.

A vastly underrated revisionist Western, Chato's Land (1972) is star Charles Bronson's best film in that genre after Sergio Leone's masterly Once Upon a Time in the West (1968).

Get the TGG unedited version. It was on TV so watched it. There are no critic reviews yet for Chato's Land. The actors in the film are the heavy weights of old westerns who did an excellent job portraying their characters. A posse, led by a former Confederate soldier, Captain Quincey Whitmore(Jack Palance) decide to head out to find an "Injun" responsible for the murder of a no-good sheriff, the hunted(or, more appropriately, the hunter) an Apache named Chato(Charles Bronson). But when the posse finds Chato's family and brutalizes them, the escapee decides it's time to stop running and start taking revenge on the lynch mob. This is a truly great movie and the ensemble is superb. Chato's Land › Customer reviews; Customer reviews. External Reviews I've always liked this movie, a well-crafted anti-western in which an Apache wipes out a gang out to lynch him for killing their no good sheriff.

I really enjoyed this movie and I'm surprised it didn't do well at the box office.

Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. This MGM version has been edited and the sharp edge of the movie has been destroyed.

FAQ Please click the link below to receive your verification email. Yet, Bronson humbly acts his part in this movie- with great restraint. One can see the utter hypocrisy in just his simple existence.

This movie has more to say than most "serious" movies. It's just a very dull and depressing movie that doesn't really justify its moroseness. Forgot your password? Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. But seeing as the cast was a good one on paper I thought, why not?

Get the TGG unedited version. Be prepared to stick it out and look at the film as a study in human nature. Directed by: Michael Winner. Movie reviews for Chatos Land. Shot on location in Andalucia, Spain, with photography by Robert Paynter, it's musically scored by Jerry Fielding. I also found out that the Soundtrack is now available on CD!! This 10-digit number is your confirmation number.

Same thing for another Michael Winner western from this period : "Lawman" in which the euro version shows more of Sheree North's breasts and much more blood. But maybe not. . Don’t worry, it won’t take long. I doubt the Bronson character utters five words over against the endless blustering of his white pursuers.

What's missing from their "analysis" (especially the misleading NYT review) is the complex interplay of individual and group psychology that under-pins the story, which combined with the superb cast (anything but wasted on this movie), makes the film unique and at once disturbing yet entertaining. MRQE Metric: See what the critics had to say and watch the trailer. The guy looked the part.

Awards All rights reserved. Price: $3.03 + $3.99 shipping. This page works best with JavaScript. It's a flint-hard and stone cold essay on racial intolerance and man's inhumanity to man. Bronson and Winner united in their usual sledge-hammer style as Charlie plays a half-breed Apache hunted for murder, and Palance leads a posse in pursuit. Either way, its a classic, and an all star cast at the time.. Never saw a collective hero movie I did not like. Very Gritty!

Bronson was ripped in this movie. I was convinced of his good acting in this one.

Review: "Chato's Land" (1972) British director Michael Winner's most famous flick was the 1974 Charles Bronson revenge film "Death Wish". Thank You M. Winner for an Excellent Western!! When Bronson takes all their horses, Why does he let them get them back?

It's there is you are willing to see it.

You can still see all customer reviews for the product. This was Rambo...guy minds his own business and is hassled by the law.

I give it 5 stars for being so entertaining. Once again this movie is a genre called Collective Hero, which almost never fails to entertain, started in the 50`s and Magnificent Seven sort of supercharged it. Bronson as the Apache half-breed kills the redneck sheriff kinda in self defense then is pursued by a posse of more rednecks although some with a conscience. and the Terms and Policies,

Chato's is a simple life, living off the land deep in the Apache territory and only coming in town by himself to receive payment for the horses he breaks for the white man. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. . | The french DVD issued last year contains the "director's cut" and really is a better one.

Either way, its a classic, and an all star cast at the time..

The locals won't accept this defense, though, and angry Civil War veteran Quincey Whitmore (Jack Palance) rounds up a gang of toughs to track down Chato, who is forced to flee the scene.

Damndest thing.....Bronson`s script for this movie consisted of 8 words if you count the rhetorical ........but believe me he still got his message across and justifiably so, maybe the best cast ever, a bunch of great actors make a terrible movie very watchable. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account.

Considering how little I cared for the movie, it comes as quite a shock how much I enjoyed Joe Millard's novelization of CHATO'S LAND. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email.

They shot this in Spain and it does look like the old west. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. What's missing from their "analysis" (especially the misleading NYT review) is the complex interplay of individual and group psychology that under-pins the story, which combined with the superb cast (anything but wasted on this movie), makes the film unique and at once disturbing yet entertaining. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. © 2020 Time Out England Limited and affiliated companies owned by Time Out Group Plc. This revisionist Western from Michael Winner pits half breed Apache Charles Bronson against Confederate veteran Jack Palance in a tale of racism and revenge. Enjoy!! The only thing I don't like about the movie is the gang after the the Apache start to chicken out way to early.

Coming Soon. Essentially you got Bronson, who plays a half-Apache-half-Caucasian, in a bar, shoots a racist dude who's threatening him. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates! The performances are excellent, and the movie is stunning, raw and atmospheric from the beginning to the end. Genres: Western, Revisionist Western. Regal

I would call this a psychological exercise that turns morality and motivations of men on its head in the period after the civil war in the old west. Jack Palance gets word of this and gathers men together to hunt him down. It's unfortunate that movie hasn't gotten (any) good if not better reviews. The Cast is Excellent ! What happens to the men who "hunt" him down is what drives this movie ....almost from start to finish. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Superb and respectful portrayal of a native American, Reviewed in the United States on October 24, 2018. Conflicted characters are flat because of the editing.

Reviewed in the United States on July 10, 2019.

. Copyright © Fandango.

All rights reserved. half a dozen times and they seem to get better with every viewing (despite knowing its ending)!

I must have watched both movies app. Charles Bronson plays an Apache on the run in this interestingly different Western that wears its liberal heart right on its sleeve. 5 star 58% 4 star 21% 3 star 10% 2 star 5% 1 star 7% Chatos Land.

When 'Chato's Land' was released in 1972, it was met with some pretty tough criticism for its violent content and languid pace. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie.

2020 College Lacrosse, Notre Dame Fighting Irish Mascot, How To Connect Logitech K750 Wireless Keyboard To Mac, Retro Radio Nyiregyhaza Online, Nate Washington Qoins, Weather In Copenhagen In August September, Walpole Ma Fireworks 2020, Tasse French To English, Where Was Tarzan's Revenge Filmed, Takanori Gomi Net Worth, November 17 Zodiac, My Secret Romance Rating, Perl 7, Kings Point Delray Floor Plans, Nida Burkha, White And Blue Christmas Tree, We Will Prevail Meme, Königgrätzer Marsch Lyrics, Pearl Krabs Birthday, Psx Chd Roms, What Happens When You Get The Holy Ghost, Stinson Beach Weather History, Alabama Vs Georgia Game Time, White House Christmas Tree 2020, Powerpuff Girl Buttercup Costume Ideas, Therapeutic Parenting Pace In Real Life, Denis Irwin And Roy Keane, Deer Emoji Meaning, How To Unlock Scorpion In Injustice: Gods Among Us Ps3, Packers Record In One Score Games, Time In Paris, Zelda Fitzgerald Movie, Text-decoration None Not Working, New England Patriots Stats, Cherry Blossom Emoji, All-4-one Members, Synergy Consulting Inc, Gerald Name Meaning Hebrew, Begin With The End In Mind Puzzle, Raphael Sbarge Wife, Sir Douglas Nicholls Round, Roccat Vulcan 122 Aimo, Adesanya Silva, Raltegravir Pronunciation, Rain Text Art, Typhoon Ondoy Casualties Philippines, Rance Allen Age, Grammy Best New Artist 2020, Elite Motorsports Farmingdale, Eric Heisserer Chronology, 2017 All Bollywood Movies List, Beard Clipart, Toro Rosso Str12, Daniel Hughes Photography, Hana Mae Lee Nationality, Best Secretary Of Education, Hct Engineering Catalog, University Of Michigan Athletic Director, Katharine Hepburn Howard Hughes, Pizza Steve Human, 1990 Buffalo Bills Super Bowl, La Presqu'ile Lyon, Crystal Palace Liverpool 2019,